Thursday, August 12, 2010

Waking up...



After watching this video my current obsession with noise in cahoots with sound and dreams of dancing are solidifying. This made me a bit emotional. How stunning! I post this video from a recent tweet by Portland's Barry Johnson (
@barryjohnson) that pointed here: http://artsdispatch.blogspot.com/2010/08/portland-dance-linda-austins-video.html

The quote by Merce Cunningham resounds so heavily with me in relation to my work:

"The main obstacle, it emerges, is the choreographers’ own, almost pathological worship of the ephemeral. Cunningham said approvingly, “Dance gives you nothing back. No MS to store away, no paintings to show on walls, no poems to be printed and sold - nothing other than that fleeting moment when you feel alive.”



No comments:

Post a Comment