Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Truth

Plugging away here at the James Washington Foundation. I am the artist in residence at this time. The following sculpture was generated/ruminated/meditated from the word "truth" as written by Mr. Washington's hand. This note was found on a scrap enclosed in a book belonging to the library here.


"Truth" seems worth repeating (perhaps this shape should be repeated). It's been fun archiving sound files of his lectures as I feel I can relate a ton to his mystical and spiritual leanings in art/life making. I have been making these new works in my time here from my own poetry, as well as, other local poets, musicians and Mr. Washington's handwriting. I just received notice that two of my poem based works will be included in an upcoming show at Mighty Tieton (with a killer catalog.)

More on the various sound editing and installation building soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment